Key benefits of Biological Scrubbers
- Lower operating costs than other systems and better Life Cycle Cost than Chemical Scrubbers and Carbon Filters at >25 ppm H2S.
- Compact footprint. Biological Scrubbers require approximately 10% of the footprint of equivalent Soil Bed Filters.
- Excellent performance. >98% removal of H2S – better than soil bed filters. Proven performance even at higher H2S concentrations - to over 200ppm.
- Simple operation No chemicals needed, just small amounts of nutrients.
- Consistent performance No degradation of performance over time or due to weather.
- Highly controllable as all key processes are within vessels.
- No hidden operating costs
- Existing system upgrade Able to add to an existing setup to reduce operating costs.
- Extensible with the ability to extend the quality of air discharge with a carbon bed installation in the future.
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Pumping stations
- Rendering plants
- Pulp & Paper plants
- Food processing plants
Biological Scrubbers are the next generation of H2S Odour Control. Historically biofilters, chemical scrubbers and carbon bed adsorbers have been the main treatment technologies. Biofilters or soil bed filters are widely used for odour control in many industrial applications because they are simple, cost effective with low environmental impact. Each technology have their different strengths, weaknesses, capital and operating costs. For instance biofilters prefer regular, low concentration H2S loadings.
In many situations these systems are now being superseded by biological scrubbers. Biological Scrubbers have been developed to address the limitations of other technologies whilst retaining the economic and environmental advantages of biological treatment. Biological Scrubbers are now increasingly being used for removal of H2S, VOCs and general odour control in many applications.