Wet Packed Scrubbers
For high-efficiency removal of corrosive, noxious and odourous gases from airstreams.
Wet packed scrubbers for the removal of corrosive, noxious and odourous gases from airstreams. Designed for high collection efficiency, maximum corrosion resistance. Scrubber design is characterized by low liquid irrigation rates, high volume air flow and low pressure drop.
Traditional vertical countercurrent scrubbers offer the best mass transfer capabilities with the smallest footprint. The scrubbing liquid is irrigated at the top of the scrubber, and cascades down through the packing countercurrent to the gases. A scrubber sump is incorporated into the bottom of the vessel.
Horizontal crossflow scrubbers can offer advantages in some plant layouts by minimising ducting requirements. They are ideal when there are two separate scrubbing vessels with different chemicals; the two beds are incorporated into the same housing but are separated internally.
Uses of Wet Packed Scrubbers
- Chemical Plants for noxios gas control
- Waste water treatment plants for odour control
- Rendering plants for odour control
- Tanneries for hydrogen sulphide control
- Pulp & Paper plants for noxious gas control
- Particle Board plants for formaldehyde control
- Food processing plants for odour control